So you’re ready to record! Here’s what you need to do, to get your project rolling:
- Contact me via the Contact Victoria page.
- Let me know the following details about your project:
- The project’s genre
For example: website, high-tech tutorial, medical narration, corporate video, video game, commercial, etc.
- The desired delivery style
For example: Formal, friendly, conversational, soft, young, mature, marketing-oriented, etc.
The best way to let me know which style you want is to listen to my voiceover demos and tell me which one represents the style you want.
- Do you need language editing?
If English is not your native tongue, I can edit your script and polish it to perfection.
- Do you need me to sync the voiceover to a video?
This is only relevant if you have a video ready, and you need the voiceover timed according to the video.
- The desired number of audio files
You might need the script recorded as a single audio file or as multiple audio files.
- Send me the following things via email (files up to 10 MB) or via Dropbox, WeTransfer or any other file transfer service (files over 10 MB):
- The final script
The script should be final, to avoid unnecessary recuts.
Note that if the voiceover must be prepared according to a specific timeline and/or cut into multiple files, the script should include the relevant information. See How Do I Prepare a Voiceover Script? for details.
For your convenience, you can download an MS Word file with a standard voiceover script template.
- Any additional material
If you have a video or music prepared, please send it to me.
If your project is a video game or animation, send me a picture of the character I am to play.
That’s it! You’re ready to go!
Article by Victoria Feinerman